Please excuse the big photo of my head....
I was conducting a workshop this week on how to make quick meals. So the night before I quickly made a batch of my famous Mimi's bars. In a snap, I decided to make another flavor as well that was equally as healthy. Enter these Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Breakfast Bar. The ingredients were all things I had lying around and the prep work was ridiculously simple.
The real shocker was when they were nearly all eaten half way through the workshop. They were definitely a hit!
What I love about them (in addition to how easy and delicious they are), is is that they are full of fiber. Oat bran, which by now, you know I eat daily, is so full of really good for you fiber and protein. It makes a wonderful on-the-go breakfast that keeps your body healthy.
These bars are wonderful for either breakfast or a healthy dessert. They are also intensely moist, which I personally love!
It was a seamless process to make. Toss in blender, then bake. Full recipe deets below.
- 1.5 cups raw almonds (can sub almond butter or almond flour)
- 2.5 cups oatbran
- 2 heaping tablespoons coconut butter
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 handful of pitted dates
- 1 pack frozen strawberries
- 1-2 cups of plant based milk
- 1 pack frozen raspberries (or another pack of frozen strawberries, bur raspberries work best)
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips ( I used stevia sweetened Lily's brand chocolate chips)
- OPTIONAL: coconut flakes for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend almonds in a high speed blender until a powder is formed.
- Throw everything else except the raspberries and the chocolate chips in the blender.
- Blend until smooth. Adjust the amount of milk until you get desired consistency. More milk will yield more baking time and more moisture in the bars.
- Toss in chocolate chips and frozen raspberries. Mix into batter.
- (Optional) Top the batter with coconut flakes.
- Throw batter onto a parchment paper lined baking pan and into oven. Remove from heat when the outside is perfectly cooked and the inside is cooked but still slightly moist. (About 40 minutes).
- When cooled, cut into bars and eat!
As with all FastBeets Recipes, please use your very own tastebuds in measuring the amounts of each ingredient. You can't go wrong with how much of anything you add or subtract.
I'm so happy you're making one of my quick + healthy recipes! Please make sure you share it on Instagram and tag @FastBeets so I can see your masterpiece or leave a comment below with any questions!