- 1 can of organic, bpa-free chickpeas
- 1 Red pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 heaping tablespoon of Tahini
- Salt to taste
- Garlic powder to taste (or sub 2 roasted garlic cloves)
- Roast the red pepper in your oven with a little bit of olive oil and salt until it's wilted.
- Place chickpeas in a food processor with about 3-4 tablespoons of the soaking water from the chickpea can (Read: Its full of nutrients from soaking your chickpeas).
- Add all other ingredients to the food processor and blend.
- Adjust seasonings if need be.
FastTip: You may remove the seeds of the red pepper to make the consistency smoother, but it's not necessary.
FastTip: Your local supermarket sells pre-roasted red pepper (either jarred or by the olive bar) that you can use in place of roasting your own. You will for sure save time, but nothing beats the taste of fresh roasted red-pepper.