This might be the simplest cookie recipe you've ever experienced. It also happens to taste incredibly sinful and yet is actually really good for you and your heart. Its chock full of soluble fiber which not only helps to keep you regular, but it binds to toxins and kicks them out of your body. You'll find this recipe super sticky, be happy about that. That's the fiber in action.
The sticky fiber also eliminates the need for eggs and the hazelnuts eliminate the need for butter. Which makes this a ZERO cholesterol cookie! Moreover, the soluble fiber will actually lower your cholesterol! So make, eat, repeat!
- 1/2 cup roasted organic hazelnuts
- 2 cups organic oatbran
- 4 dates
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond or cashew milk
- Chocolate chips of choice. (I used Lily's stevia sweetened, vegan dark choc. chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a high-speed blender, blend the hazelnuts until you get a creamy hazelnut butter. Depending on your blender, you'll may need to use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides down and then re-blend until you get the proper consistency. (Alternatively, you could just buy hazelnut butter, but where's the fun in that?)
- Dump all the other ingredients except the chocolate chips and blend until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Taste the batter. Make sure it is to your liking. If you prefer life on the sweeter side, add another date.
- Transfer to a bowl and throw some chocolate chips on it. Feel free to use as much as you'd like. (Note - when using a high-speed blender, the batter may warm up a bit which is fine, but you may want to bring it back to room temp. before adding chocolate chips, unless you like the chocolate a bit runny through the batter like I do)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or silicone liner. Grab a tablespoon and create cookie shapes onto tray. Your dough will be incredibly sticky, but this is totally normal. Wait 30 seconds after you place the dough on the tray and then use your fingers to even out the dough into smooth cookie shapes.
- Pop cookies in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes.
Thanks for making this! I would love it see how it turns out. Snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @fastbeets so I can see your #fastbeetsapproved healthy creation! Any questions on it? Message me on Snapchat.