Lately, I've been obsessing over coconut oil + turmeric. The combination is so delicious! Plus, the fat in coconut oil helps your body absorb the curcumin (read: active ingredient in turmeric) because turmeric is fat soluble. So grab your best turmeric powder or grind up your own some fresh turmeric root and let's do a fast and healthy sauté.
This dish is ridiculously easy to make. You can whip it up in five minutes in the morning while your oatbran is cooking and take it with you to lunch.
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons organic turmeric (FastTip: Get a good quality turmeric powder for optimal taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic granules (garlic powder is ok too, but I find the granules are tastier)
- 1 can of organic, bpa-free, no salt added, chickpeas
- 1 can of organic, bpa-free, low sodium, diced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional yeast
- Dash of Himalayan Salt
Heat the spices with the coconut oil on medium heat for about 30 seconds. Add the contents of both cans and sauté until fully mixed and chickpeas are as soft as you like 'em (5-10minutes).
If you like your chickpeas more tender, sauté them for a few minutes before you add the can of tomatoes.
Once plated, add a handful of any fresh greens for color and added nutrition. The crunch of the fresh greens go well with the soft and moist chickpeas. Enjoy!