Time: 10 minutes to prepare + 20 minutes in the oven
Its coconut flavored fudge, but its so healthy you can legit use it a pre-workout snack. Its allergy friendly, and everything free (dairy-free, grain-free, gluten-free, egg-free, nut-free, soy-free, and refined sugar-free)
It also happens to be paleo-friendly, passover-friendly, vegan-friendly and solves PMS woes.
The big secret in all of this are the black beans. But they're not just any black bean brownie. I've been scouring the internet for a black bean brownie recipe that was just as healthy as it was yummy. Some that i've made have seriously disappointed, while others called for sugar or maple syrup. In other news, I've broken 5, yes 5, Blendtec Blenders trying to make previous versions of black bean brownies from other sources. (You can blend an iPhone in a Blendtec, but apparently black bean brownies are unblendable?!) These were easy peasy and the Blendtec offices did not have to be called in a for a replacement blender jar.
What makes these brownies super-powered is their delicious ability to conquer the toughest PMS (even on passover)! The combination of beans + dates + chocolate solves nearly every PMS issue. The chocolate part is pretty obvious. The dates and the beans provide the much needed iron you need in the midst of your PMS. So goodbye fatigue, hello chocolate fudge.....:)
- 1/2 cup of plant based milk
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed (<---secret weapon that you won't taste)
- 1/3 cup of cocoa (use the best quality you have
- 8 dates (my dates weren't that sweet so I used 8 of them. Adjust according to your sweetness preference
- 1/2 of a banana
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon psylium husk (or 1.5 if you like it marshmellow-like)
- Optional Toppings: Coconut Shreds, chopped nuts, chocolate chips
- Pre-heat convection oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put beans and milk in a high speed blender and blend till smooth. (will be liquidy)
- Add all other ingredients except psylium husk. (optional: add only half of the dates to test for sweetness, blend and taste batter then adjust accordingly)
- Add psylium husk and blend again until smooth.
- Place batter in an 8 inch brownie pan lined with parchment paper. Add toppings of choice.
- Bake in oven at 350 for 20 minutes. When done the inside will be gooey and marshmellow like. (Its vegan, so gooey is OK!)
Thanks for making this! I would love it see how it turns out. Snap a pic and tag me on Instagram so I can see! Any questions on it? Message me on Snapchat.