A pizza that is delicious, ridiculously simple to make, and actually really good for you. Well that's a Unicorn Pizza.
What more could a person ask for?
- 2 cups of chickpea flour
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (can add more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion or onion powder (can add more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon himalayan salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon herbs of choice (optional)
- 6 tablespoons tomato sauce of choice
- half an onion
- 2 portobella mushrooms cut into pieces
- any other veggies of choice (optional)
- cheese or plant-based cheese of choice (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat convection oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all base ingredients into a bowl
- Coat a pizza tray or oven safe dish with coconut oil and spread a thin even layer of batter. Make sure that the batter is thin if you prefer your pizza crisy. Then place in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While the dough is baking, sauté veggie toppings in a sauce pan.
- After about 15 minutes or until chickpea dough gets firm, remove from heat and add tomato sauce of choice. Return to oven for another 10 minutes.
- Once the veggies are finished sauteeing, and the dough is crispy, remove the pizza dough once again from the heat and add veggies (if you're adding in cheese add in now).
- Lower the heat to 250 degrees and place back in the oven until cheese is melted or until ready to eat.
Thanks for making this! I would love it see how it turns out. Snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @fastbeets so I can see your #fastbeetsapproved healthy creation! Any questions on it? Message me on Snapchat.