Did you know just 10grams of mushrooms a day, reduces the risk of breast cancer by 64%!
- 1 whole peeled onion (cut into quarters)
- I bag frozen mixed mushrooms
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- Tamari or salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- Optional toppings: cilantro, hemp seeds, and another bag of frozen mixed mushrooms
- Blend all ingredients except the miso paste and the toppings till you have a puree.
- Add contents of blender to a soup pot and heat it up.
- At this time, if you're using the second bag of frozen mushrooms, add it now and simmer till mushrooms are no longer frozen.
- Add the miso paste slowly to allow full incorporation.
- If you adding cilantro, add as it now.
- When serving, you can top with additional cilantro and hemp or pumpkin seeds.
The Low Down
Not only do mushrooms reduce your risk of breast cancer by 64%, which is kind of huge, but the method used in this recipe provides you with extra cancer fighting properties.
The trick here is that you are blending the veggies when they are raw (or frozen). Blending them or even just chewing veggies really well when raw, breaks down the cell wall of the plants and creates anti-cancer compounds. So blend first, then heat it up as a soup, instead of the other way around and you'll have the best anti-cancer food.
Miso paste, has essential probiotics. Even though you add these into warm soup, it's been proven that miso has some wonderful health benefits.